YouTuber Nate the Ape recorded a walk-thru of the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls. If you have one or you’re planning to get one this video is a must-watch!
The Nintendo Switch parental controls are very robust but they do provide more flexibility than other systems. Some of the features include:
- Time Limits from 15 to 90 minutes.
- Suspending game-play once time limits expire.
- Limiting games based on ESRB ratings.
- Reports on usage including time played per game.
- Restricting access to chat and other online activity.
The one thing I haven’t seen yet is whether or not there is a countdown or warning for the time limit. Suspending a game mid-play cna prevent it from saving correctly and kids could lose their progress. While I’m all for time limits on gaming, it’s important not to frustrate our children with these settings.
A 5 minutes warning and/or a grace period could give your kids time to save their progress and not “lose it” when the system suspends their game.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments below!