Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify
Sometimes homeschooling can be financially tough. Some families have given up two incomes in order to homeschool their children. Wouldn’t it be nice to earn a little extra income to either put away for a rainy day or buy that expensive curriculum you’ve wanted?
Maybe your kids are getting older and you want to teach them how to earn some extra income before they go to college. Perhaps, you notice an entrepreneurial spirit in your children and want to encourage them to pursue their ideas.
There are a number of online jobs that homeschooling parents and students can do that will help them either earn extra income or begin to earn money for college. Continue reading “5 Great Online Jobs to Generate Income for Homeschoolers – WHS 79”
Continuing with the theme of Top 5 lists for the year, I thought I’d look at the Top 5 Downloaded podcasts for 2012. It’s not a surprise to me that the reviews of filtering and accountability apps for iOS dominate the list. Here they are:
- WHS 45 – Mobile Internet Filtering and Accountability: Safe Eyes MobileSafe Eyes Mobile from Internetsafety.com available for iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad. It even works on 1st-generation iPods and iPhones. Safe Eyes is a replacement browser for the native Safari browser and filters your Internet activity as opposed to just monitoring and reporting on your Internet activity.
- WHS 37 – Pinterest for HomeschoolersIf you do a search for the term “homeschool” on Pinterest you’ll get thousands of results that will take you on so many rabbit trails on the Internet you’ll end up in Wonderland. Homeschoolers have been active on Pinterest for some time now but the service has recently hit its stride and is getting adopted as a social media tool that individuals and companies are leveraging to find valuable resources (and customers in the case of companies) online.
- WHS 36 – Teach Your Kids to CodeIf you have a kid interested in learning to write programs, where do you start? What resources are there available for the homeschooling parent? Fortunately, the same tools available to public schools are available to home educators.
- WHS 49 – Mobile Internet Filtering and Accountability: MobicipIt’s not often that you come across a filtered browser that supports nearly every major operating system. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon Mobicip Safe Browser which is available for iOS, Android, Kindle, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- WHS 47 – Mobile Internet Filtering and Accountability: Covenant Eyes MobileCovenant Eyes is a browser that records your browsing habits on an iOS device and rates the “maturity” of the sites you visit. It works along with the desktop version of the software so once you have everything configured for your home computer you don’t need to configure the mobile browser. The mobile versions of the software are free with your monthly subscription to Covenant Eyes. It can be installed on multiple devices for no extra charge.
There you have it. Which podcast was your favorite last year? Leave a comment below with your top 5.
I’ve been looking over some stats for the site and decided to post a few “Top 5” lists as the end of the year approaches. These are the Top 5 Posts Overall for 2012:
That’s quite a list! What were some of your favorite articles this year? They could be from my site or another. Share your thoughts in the comments below.